Wednesday 16 July 2014

New York baked Cheesecake

I have tried and tested many recipes for baked cheesecake and this is one of the best so far. This is a recipe from the BBC website and the result was an awesomely delicious baked cheesecake! I tweaked it a bit and here's my take on the recipe. The original recipe required 3 packs of cream cheese to fill a 25 cm cake tin. I used 1 packet of cream cheese to fill an 8 inch springform cake tin. Also I reduced the amount of eggs and sugar.


Here's how I made it:

Biscuit base:

15 digestive biscuits
3 tablespoons melted butter

I blitzed the digestive biscuits and the melted butter in a food processor until the mixture resembled sand. Then I pressed this biscuit mix evenly onto an 8 inch spring
form cake tin, taking the mixture to coat the edges of the pan as well.


I baked the base at 180 degrees Celsius for ten minutes in a pre-heated oven.

The filling:

1 pack Philadelphia cream cheese (250 gms)
1 cup Sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 whole eggs
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice

I blitzed all the above ingredients for the filling together in a food processor until smooth, taking care not to over blitz the mix. I poured the mix onto the biscuit base and baked this in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes until the sides were cooked and the cake wobbled a bit in the middle upon shaking the tin.

Topping:

1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract well and pour over the baked cake. I chilled the cake overnight to allow the cheesecake to set well and the ingredients and flavors to meld together. I was not disappointed at all with the end result. As far as I'm concerned, this recipe is a keeper :)




No comments:

Post a Comment