Tuesday 4 October 2011

Potato Salad

My son is here from the boarding house!! His first stop after landing in Singapore is almost always for Laksa. This time it was at the Food Republic in Somerset, more out of convenience than anything else.....

After having his fill of the street food, yesterday he requested his all time favorite - Potato salad !! It is probably one of the most re-hashed recipes. I try to improvise it according to the ingredients available in my fridge. So here's how I made the super easy salad and super delish (atleast that's what my son said :-)) Potato salad.

Ingredients:

Potatoes - 5 medium ones
Buttercup lettuce - 1 bib
Avocado - 1
Feta - 1/2 cup cubed (optional)
Red onion - 1 chopped finely
Sour cream- 1 cup
Mayonnaise - 1/2 Cup
Dijon Mustard - 2tbsp
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Boil the potatoes until soft. Peel and cube them into small pieces. In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes and  all the other ingredients. Give it one good toss and serve either at room temperature or chilled, your choice. Depending on the availability, I sometime also add crispy bacon bits or ham chopped into small pieces. Tastes great with or without the ham or bacon.

I would love to hear if you have any other variations to making this salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment